Saturday, 12 January 2008

My First Spin

Today I joined the Ceredigion Guild of Weavers, Spinners and Dyers, and spun my very first... well, not quite skein, not really even a bobbin in fact.... spinnings!? And here is the result:


If you look really really carefully you might see some very neat thread that my teacher Rita spun to demonstrate, underneath all of that tangly stuff that I covered it with. I don't care though, tangly or no, I spun it, and I shall be proud! I have already forgotten all the right words to use to describe it. I've borrowed the Guild wheel too; it's sitting in the corner of the bedroom (where Dog won't be able to chew its legs) and I am armed with a bag of Welsh mule fleece, an old pair of carders and what looks like a dog comb, but is apparently in fact a worsted comb. I must make sure I have a go tomorrow before I entirely forget what to do. It will be a very special day if I ever get to wear this stuff, in any form!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

That's so cool! I really ought to try out my spindle some time.