Tuesday, 10 June 2008

Me! Me!

Having just discovered that the internet meme is not, as I rather fancied, a corruption of Me! Me!, I am rather disappointed. The real (and by real, obviously I mean Wikipedia) definition is rather more technical. I will stick with my version, and answer one which if not directly tagged, has been directed at me surrepticiously by Elizabeth.

Here we go then:

What was I doing 10 years ago?
Hmm. In between the 2nd and 3rd years of my Geography degree in Aberystwyth I think. I seem to remember I spent most of the summer bimbling round mid-Wales collecting soil, and then digesting it in the laboratory. Little did I know this dissertation would be the start of the theme for the next 6 years of my life (I am now intimate with the soils of the mid-Wales mining field, and indeed the grasses and sheep that grow and graze on them)! I think I also escaped to Scotland to bum around for a while, but I couldn't tell you exactly when; 10 years and a lot of studying sheep has addled my brain.

What are the 5 things on my to do list for today (in no particular order)
Well it's late now, so there's not much left, but they are:
1. Finish this blog!
2. Upload Ravelry 365 photos
3. Make some dinner
4. Eat it
5. Collapse into bed
Edit: Now just the last one left!

Snacks I enjoy
Cheese, crisps, anything salty, and
anything with avocado. Surprising it seems for a knitter, I am no chocoholic.

Things I would do if I were a billionaire
Buy a nice bit of land nearby and build a small, funky house, preferably with a hand-made lopsided character, and a studio to fill with crafty things, including much yarn. And then I have no idea! Charity yes, but how I would choose I don't know! Actually I wouldn't want to be a billionaire, I think it would be awful. Someone else can keep the billions.

Places I’ve lived
In order: Eastbourne, Brighton, Aberystwyth (and then Borth, Llanbadarn, Moriah, Rhydyfelin, Llanafan and probably other mid-Welsh villages that I've temporarily forgotten, and then back to Aberystwyth again).

People I want to know more about
Everyone. Including myself.

I've just read that back, and it is as dull as I expected it to be. I think it would be interesting to write it again another day, and see if it's entirely different according to my mood.
Edit: Okay, judging on this one, maybe not interesting.

No comments: